Mrs. Ammara Farooq Malik has to date helped numerous families with free guidance and information related to getting bone marrow transplants within Pakistan and abroad. She was also instrumental, through years of advocacy and communication with Pakistani and international hospitals and doctors, to help start the first bone marrow transplant facility in Lahore.
The mission of Mrs. Malik is now being put forward on the website of Life, Blood & Compassion- Support Community and is being assisted by the SEPLAA Foundation to keep helping Pakistani patients and their families who require bone marrow transplants. In order for this to be a sustained effort and a sadaqa jaria, we have created the SEPLAA Foundation Endowment Fund for Blood Disorders. This Fund is being created specifically for children with blood disorders and their families.
The SEPLAA Foundation is raising funds for the SEPLAA Foundation Endowment Fund for Blood Disorders. This Fund is for children with blood disorders and their families.
This Fund will support:
- Blood disorder treatment awareness sessions.
- Free guidance to individual patients of blood disorders.
- Paper work compilation for hospitals/doctors for needy patients and those who need assistance in communication.
- Technical assistance to link patients with appropriate medical facilities for their particular conditions.
- A check on ethical medical practices and highlighting medical negligence in blood disorder management at appropriate forums.
- Medical assistance of one bone marrow transplant patient every year (subject to fund reserves’ availability.)
The Endowment Fund will cover:
- Subsidized office expenses of the SEPLAA Foundation. (A small honorarium for 1 Office bearer)
- Activity Expenses.
- Communication Expenses.
- Medical bills of selected bone marrow transplant (BMT) recipient/ patient.
Interested donors are requested to kindly email Mrs. Ammara Farooq Malik, SEPLAA Foundation Founder & Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.